"You're too young to know what love is. You don't love me. You're infatuated with me." -- Sir Aric, The Prince's Knight

Friday, November 21, 2008

New blog look coming soon

At one of Bitten by Books' recent Bloggy Carnivals, I managed to win a prize for a free blog customization. It's in the creative process right now, but it's something to look forward to. Anyway, I spent a couple hours today searching through other blogs, trying to get ideas for what I might want for my own. My time is limited, so I didn't spend much time looking through each one--there are hundreds, maybe even thousands out there, and I focused mostly on the blogs of other romance writers, but I found one that stuck out. I read the first two posts I found on there, just because they were a hilarous commentary on writers. Check it out and make sure to read up on The Devil's Dictionary to see what a writer really means when s/he uses literary lingo:

http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/

Are the Amazon Kindle and the Sony e-book Reader too expensive for you? EBookwise is currently running a sale on it's own ebook readers. Get an ebookwise-1150 with a 64 MB SmartMedia card for only 119.95. Check out that and other deals at eBookwise.

Twilight has officially opened in movie theaters nationwide today. Early critics reviews are mixed, and based on the trailers for the movie, I have to say this looks like a disappointing adaptation to a wonderful novel. The characters look wooden and apathetic, the vampires aren't nearly as beautiful as they're described in the book, and the entire thing seems flat. At first I was really looking forward to seeing this movie. But now I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

Comentários: