"You're too young to know what love is. You don't love me. You're infatuated with me." -- Sir Aric, The Prince's Knight

Monday, February 28, 2011

End of Days

Once in a while, when I find I'm at an impasse on a current project, I find it helpful to take a stab at something new. Royal Guard Book 2 is the project I'm currently working on, but considering the first book was the last thing I published, I've been finding it a bit difficult to dive right back into that world, so I found myself in need of a distraction.

I briefly entertained the notion of taking on a pseudonym to publish short, strictly erotica books, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Promoting books under one name is difficult enough. Just thinking about the logistics involved for two names made my head spin.

Still, I have decided to pen some shorter tales revolving around angels and demons. The basic premise has been done before, in certain ways. You might refer to my angels as valkyries for instance. But I've decided not to call my Armageddon Ragnarok. The end of the world is simply known as the End of Days, and while it fills the angels with dread, the demons are looking forward to it. Both sides are tasked with choosing their warriors. In the first book, which doesn't have a title just yet, Kieran's target is Samantha Jordan. He doesn't know why the demons want her, but he does know that the angels are after her as well. Yet, Kieran is the best at what he does.   There shouldn't be a problem, until an angel makes him an offer he can't refuse.

Comentários: