"You're too young to know what love is. You don't love me. You're infatuated with me." -- Sir Aric, The Prince's Knight

Friday, May 28, 2010

Contest coming soon

June will be a busy, stressful, hectic, scary month for me. Yes, all those adjectives and more. But I'm still planning a paranormal contest that will run throughout the month, so check back then.

I am moving back to the state of my birth at the beginning of the month, so my internet might be a bit spotty at first -- I don't know yet what the plan for internet access is, I only know I can't live without it for very long. It's like water to me. I need it to survive. ^-^

I've changed the title of Personal Protection to Royal Guard Book 1: The Prince's Knight. I was, at one point, toying with the idea of lengthening the book, which stands at a little over 30,000 words right now, and turning it into a 60,000 word plus epic. But it would still be split down the middle into Parts 1 and 2, and since the first half is nearly complete I'm going to go ahead and release it as two separate books since I haven't even started thinking of book 2, which might prove to be longer than anticipated, therefore inspiring the need for a third book. Here's my thought on sequels. If you're going to do a second book, you might as well do a third and create a trilogy. But we'll see how the second book ends. I haven't gotten that far yet. The ending of the first book really surprised me, creating a need for the second to finish the story -- or at least take a stab at finishing the story.

I really want to share a wonderful book with everyone. I just finished it and I really enjoyed it. The best part? It's available for free on Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/58. It's called Mortal Ghost, and while there were some confusing bits, especially regarding the main character's past, it is definitely worth the read, as well as the surprise ending. I haven't found many free books on Smashwords that I actually enjoyed, but this was one that stood out for me.

Comentários: